SAFE ENVIRONMENT PROGRAM
Archdiocese of St. Louis Safe Environment Program
The purpose of the Safe Environment Program is to create a safe environment for our children. All volunteers are required to comply with the Procedures developed to implement the policy.
All Employees and Volunteers who have contact with minors must:
1. Attend a Virtus Protecting God’s Children Workshop.
The Archdiocese of St. Louis provides the sexual-abuse prevention program "Protecting God's Children" to parishes, schools, and archdiocesan agencies at no cost. All archdiocesan employees and volunteers who work with children are mandated to attend a presentation of the program.
Link to View Protecting God’s Children Workshop Schedule: http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=14498&theme=0
Once you find a workshop that you want to attend go back to the top of the page and open Start Registration.
2. Fill out a Worker Registration Form.
This form allows the parish office the ability to update your background check every even-numbered year. The Worker Registration Form can be found in this packet. Please fill it out and return it to the office. (It is very important that you provide an email on this form.)
3. Complete a criminal records check from the Family Care Safety Registry.
Go to www.health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr and on the left side of the page open Register online.
This should be started right away. It can take up to two months to receive your background check. There is a one- time $13.00 fee plus a $1.25 processing fee.
4. Commit to the Code of Ethical Conduct for Clergy, Employees and Volunteers Working With Minors in the Archdiocese.
Please read the booklet and sign the form. Return the signed code of conduct to the office.
5. Employees or volunteers who have resided outside of the state of Missouri any time over the last five years will have to undergo a one-time national background check . Illinois Residents will have Illinois and Missouri background checks conducted every even-numbered year. Please contact me if you will need this done.
Mary Robert – IC SEP Office
636-321-0002 ext. 1, 30
Link to Archdiocesan website:
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities,
are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance.
Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Sandra Price, Executive Director
Office of Child & Youth Protection
Missouri Department of Social Services
Children’s Division Hotline Reporting Number:
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline: